Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thank God it's Beer Day! And Friday, too!

Thank God it's Friday!
San Mig Light
It's that day of the week when I can have an ice cold of the best beer in the world!  (Well, at least for me....)

Having been a beer drinker since I don't care when, I sample local brews wherever I am.  Partly to test if there's one out there good enough to topple my fave off the top of my list.

Tsing Tao of China

This is best with your meal, particularly dimsum and roast duck.  But the bottle is so big, it might as well serve as your meal. 


Kirin of Japan
The Japanese love theirs with salty beer snacks.  This I learned is best with salt...  I mean, salted edamame seeds.  Good!

Yipsejoo of Korea
I really have nothing much to say about this one.  Just that asking for one makes you sound like you've already had a few.  Yie-piya, yeh-yoohoo!

Corona of Mexico
I was made to believe that this IS the best beer in the world!  Sorry, but that was ages ago, when having lime on your beer makes you look and feel cool.  Well, for a time, it did make me look cool.   You can have cases of this without feeling any effect of alcohol.  Girls loved that.  Cool!

Tecate of Mexico
Now we're talking!  This beer is a major competitor for my best beer (well, at least for me).  It's robust, full rich flavor suites me just fine.  I can still hear Manuel yelling at me, "No! No! Senor!  Tecate only!"  Grabbing the other brand with one hand and handing me Tecate with the other.  If I can get ahold of this, i'll fill up my fridge with it.

A British Pint

Variety of ale
Stella Artois of Belgium

Oh, Stella!  The best  I had in Europe!  Exclamation point!

But all these doesn't come close to the best beer in the world!  (Well, at least for me...)

San Miguel Light!





SMB with local delicacies
Balut and San Mig Light!
For you, my friends!
Cheers!
What better way to savor the taste of great beer but with friends who never gets drunk!


24 bottles in a case, 24 hours in a day.  Coincidence?  I think not!

Clean up before you get wasted!
For the road!
I keep one handy just in case they stop brewing beer!  Burp!

Have a good one, my friends! I'm not as think as you drunk I am.... hic! Don't drink and drive!  TGIF!

5 comments:

  1. The list of best beer in the world 2011:
    http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/bestbeers_012011.asp

    No San Mig on the list ... but then the judges might not have tasted it together with balut which is indeed a winning combo.

    Glad to see that Stella Artois made it to your list in pole position :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you had it back? or you did it all over again??? love the pics, love the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm not as think as you drunk I am.... hic!"

    Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete