Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Perseverance is power




Did you know that the earthquake that rocked Japan was so massive that it actually moved the country closer to the United States and changed the Earth's axis?  The aftermath of destruction in the country is so devastating, it left the whole world in shock and grief.

Despite the country's loss, Japan's resilience and discipline is evidently restoring it's luster.

Airline food
Japan is one of the most (if not the best) beautiful place I was fortunate enough to have frequently visited.  And I will always love the place and will never tire of visiting.

Shibuya
It's colorful and diverse culture, particularly the youth's fascination with Manga and Anime fashion is predominantly visible.



Harajuku


Harajuku fashion




But it is a relief to see the old culture still alive....


I would have loved to experience Japan's famous sakura (cherry blossom), but autumn's colorful flora is just as spectacular.

Hibiya Park




 


Autumn from Tokyo Tower
View from Tokyo Tower
One thing odd about Japanese men, they seem to be content being left alone...  must be the sushi...

Alone at Hibiya Park
Alone again at Hibiya Park

Alone at Ginza
Weekends on Ginza's shopping district is a must-experience!  The city closes the street to give way to swarms of locals and tourists.  I was practically in heaven! 

Ginza's center lane
Fashionable in Ginza
Not a care in the world, I sat myself in the center of the road and fired away!

Relaxed and at peace...
But the highlight of my trip was my most anticipated visit to the world famous Tsukiji Fish Market! I had to be at the place very, very early (3:00 a.m.!) to get the best view of the auction.  Activity starts at 5:00 and normally ends at 7:00am.

Very early morning at Tsukiji Fish market

Tuna being inspected by wholesalers
Tuna auctioneers
Making a sale




A night in Tokyo



Having experienced it's culture, it's people, fashion and beauty, I am in awe at how they persevered, kept their cool and civility to get them through the tragic events.  Despite the enormous loss of lives and property, they are coming back, like they always do.  Such strength in a culture is inspiring and uplifting....  

Let me share to you a line my Japanese golf buddy,  Mr. Kurahachi, told me after a bad game some time ago. 







"Don't give up. Just continuing to hold on will reveal strength and power. Continuing on after a setback is its own kind of strength. Perseverance is power."
 
It has since helped me go through some of my own difficult moments, and it perfectly describes the Japanese's deep faith and strong cultural roots.

ありがとうございます!







7 comments:

  1. Your Hibiya Park shots are full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. すばらしい写真、気の利いた書き込み。私は大好きです。

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos & stories ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. ~Josh Billings

    I love Japan too ! Superb images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir, Shots at Hibiya Park are great I love colors! I hope I can visit Japan someday! Great blog sir!

    ReplyDelete