Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Where I belong


I am only a week into blogging and I am already running out of things to say.... like I said, I am not (never was) a very good story teller....

But as quickly as that thought entered my head, a light bulb lit up the dark thought! 

DING!!!!!
I have been taking photographs for almost six years now.  And I still ask myself, "why do you do it, Pedro?"  Is there really an answer to that?  

Some do it for artistic purposes because photography is an aesthetic art form and photography is often more than just taking a photo with a camera, it is about creating something that is aesthetically pleasing. Photography is about the entire process from finding the object to photograph, framing the photograph, processing the image and presenting the image. 

An illusioned aesthetic
And most, if not all, do it because photography has an economic significance, especially in terms of the industry that is associated with the products and services.  Having the right connections, believe you me, it brings in good bread.... and then some!


Surely, we will hear a lot of different answers to this question.  But it all boils down to what we really want, what made us see a really evocative thing and then capturing it.  YOU HAVE TO FIND YOUR PLACE.

Evocative beauty

I thought at first that landscape was it for me.  As a kid, I would just ogle at those Ansel Adams reproductions at bookstores.  So i dabbled into it.  But it's way too time-consuming and you need expensive gear for it!  My 350D (my first DSLR) and kit lens was not ideal for it... tsk, tsk!


So I had to make do with what was around me.  And, man, was I in for a big surprise!  Beauty was all over the place!  Right, left, above and under!








Every single street, everywhere i turn, every corner, is filled with amazing subjects.... and it's right outside my doorstep!  How could I have missed it?!?





Then the children smiled at me...




.... and I FOUND my place.... I knew that this is where I belong....

Do you?

















3 comments:

  1. I think I got into photography because I was a very shy lad. I was always interested in theatre groups at school, but I was too shy to get involved.
    But when you get behind the camera you can be involved without being on centre stage. I learned quickly that I could participate in the things I loved while taking pictures. Photography was my way of fitting in. - David Young -

    Nice pictures... beauty captured.

    ReplyDelete